Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Gorgeous new website homepage


I've spent today re-designing the homepage for Esty Lingerie and here it is! I should have taken a 'before' picture but didn't think about that until it was too late. 

I'm working with a marketing company who gave me some tips on how to make it more luxurious. I changed the plain, dark pink background for a cute, polkadot one, moved the big sign in/newsletter/search boxes down the right-hand side to much smaller links at the top-right and very top of the page, moved the category list from the side to across the top of the page, added the new sidebar you can see here, got rid of quite a few small boxes and added just two big ones to advertise two of my favourite new brands in store, and finally swapped all of the bold, black writing for a dark grey in a prettier font. 

Overall, lots of work, but I do think it looks much better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment