Saturday, 24 September 2011

Inspirational Book - Contemporary Lingerie Design

Contemporary Lingerie Design by Katie Dominy and A Passion For Lingerie At La Senza by Jo Glanville-Blackburn



















I am so excited about these lovely new books that have just arrived today! I picked them up over at Amazon really cheap (under £20 for the two). They just turned up a minute ago so I haven't had a chance to look at them properly but I had a quick flick through and they're stunning, absolutely bursting full of beautiful, inspiring designs!

A Passion For Lingerie is a little gift book that was produced for La Senza back in 2005. From what I can see it is more for the customer than the designer, giving advice on how to choose the right pieces for your personal style and body shape, along with a little bit of lingerie history. There are some pretty pictures throughout - nothing too different but still a cute little book that I'm going to have fun reading!

As for Contemporary Lingerie Design by Katie Dominy, the book is even better than I expected! It's quite recent, from 2009, and already I've spotted numerous images on the pages that I have saved on my laptop in a folder of my very favourite designs! The book is split into designer sections, featuring some of my all-time favourite lingerie designers such as Made by Niki, Fleur of England and Marlies Dekkers, plus some that I've never even heard of but which look absolutely stunning! There is everything from photoshoots to beautifully-done CAD and freehand drawings.

If you're a lingerie designer I would definitely recommend buying this book - I have a few already but lingerie photobooks always seem to be a little bit outdated and this one is anything but. The designs are modern and it's obvious that every single photo and sketch included in the book has been hand-picked as something beautiful and inspiring. This will be my bedtime reading tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment