Monday, 7 May 2012

Boux Avenue - The New La Senza?

Back in January I blogged about the closure of La Senza - the brand has since been taken over by another company and they're busy working on a new website and brand new collections ready to re-launch La Senza later in the year. In the meantime, if you're after similar styled lingerie at similar prices, I suggest you head to Boux Avenue.

I say 'similar' but honestly, looking at their product range there's not one piece that wouldn't have looked out of place on the La Senza website. The only thing that's changed is the models. Not that being a copycat brand is a bad thing mind you - La Senza was my favourite high-street lingerie store by far and I'm sure most girls would agree with me, so it's great to see someone else filling the gap they left when they closed their stores.

Boux Avenue is owned by Theo Paphitis, an entrepreneur who previously owned La Senza before he sold it for a pretty substantial £100million. When La Senza closed down Paphitis, ever the good businessman, saw his opportunity to get back in on the lingerie market by expanding Boux Avenue rapidly.

Paphitis gave many jobs away to ex-La Senza employees and, once he'd got the old La Senza staff, he set about luring in the old La Senza customers with near-identical lingerie at the same great-value prices. I remember checking out the Boux Avenue website sometime last year and seeing a small but nice selection of lingerie for sale. Now, just a few months later, the site is filled to the brim with hundreds of new garments to choose from!

There's so many actually that I can't list all my favourites, but here is what's on my shopping list!

Marlene Body with removable suspenders - £32
Sienna white silk & lace bra - £28, brief - £12 and suspender - £16
Selma sheer black polkadot babydoll & thong set - £35
Lyla cream satin bra - £24 and thong - £10

I'll definitely be buying from Boux Avenue soon, the only thing I'm left wondering about is what exactly La Senza are going to do when they come back to differentiate themselves from this new competitor?

No comments:

Post a Comment