Sunday, 20 May 2012

'Unusual' lingerie at Ann Summers, part three!

Ann Summers have done it again! This is definitely the go-to place for anyone looking for lingerie that is a little bit quirky, although sometimes it seems they overdo it on the weirdness - I mean, would anyone wear the Anima chemise I mentioned in part two, really?

This time though it seems there's less of the weird and more of the just-simply-unique...

Diva Body Harness, £45
This one definitely fits the bill for 'unusual' lingerie. It's not very practical, but then who said lingerie has to be practical anyway? Still, at £45 I think it's a little overpriced for what is really just a string of chains...

Commander Bra, £30 and Brief, £14
Definitely on my shopping list! I absolutely love this Commander bra set from Ann Summers with cute tasseled shoulder pads, over-sized underwires and a gorgeous hot pink and black colour combination. Another one that's not very practical to wear, but it's stunning so who cares!

Commander Body, £35
The other item in the Commander mini-collection. I'm not so keen on this bodysuit but this is a list of unusual lingerie, not my favourite pieces, so I thought it deserved an inclusion - with it's hot pink colour, sheer mesh cut-out and single tasseled shoulder it most definitely fits the bill for weird and wonderful lingerie...

Bibi Babydoll, £50
This super cute and girly babydoll makes the list of unusual Ann Summers lingerie thanks to its stiff mini-skirt style that sticks right out. Forget underwear as outwear, this piece is outerwear as underwear - it could almost pass for a micro mini dress (until you see the back anyway, which is quite a bit shorter!)

Marabou Body Red, £18 (Was £35)
I spotted this piece in their sale section leftover from the festive season and really, five months after Christmas and at less than half price, there's a reason they still have stock left! Christmas lingerie is tacky as a rule, but this piece takes it a step too far - peephole cups, crotchless bottom, white bows, pearl bead chains, diamante decorations and a horrific puffy white X across the front?! There is too much going on in a single garment to even be remotely classy.

That's it for now but I'm sure there will be a Part Four coming soon - you can always count on Ann Summers to bring out some weird and wonderful pieces every season!

Want to see more crazy lingerie designs by Ann Summers? Check out these blogs too...

3 comments:

  1. LOVING the commander bra set! Ann Summers are surprising me at the moment with the new collections. Do check out delicates and browse the gorgeous ranges of sexy lingerie from big designer names :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I absolutely love the Ann Summers Commander bra set too, you can add that to my wishlist as well Estelle *Wink wink*.
    I can see that on one of my fashion projects and then me keeping it afterwards! lol

    ReplyDelete